Warwick Road Primary School

Exceeding Expectations


SEND Information Report

What are Special Educational Needs?

“A learning difficulty or disability is a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of others of the same age.”


We provide SEND support for students with significant needs in the following areas:


*Communication and Interaction


* Cognition and Learning
* Social, mental and emotional health
* Sensory and /or Physical

The Local Offer - what does it mean for schools?

What is the Kirklees Local Offer?

The Local Offer has been developed as part of the new Children and Families Act. It aims to provide information on education, health and social care provision available for disabled children and young people and those with special educational needs, in a way that can be accessed quickly and easily.  

Local Offer for SEND pupils and families - www.kirklees.gov.uk/localoffer

Who is producing the Local Offer?

Kirklees Council is working with parents, young people, schools, colleges, early years providers and health services to produce the Local Offer. 

What information do schools provide?

Schools have a duty to provide information about special educational needs that is accessible to pupils, parents and carers.   We need to make sure this information is kept up to date.

Where can I find the Local Offer?

The Kirklees Local Offer can be found at:  http://www.kirklees.gov.uk/beta/local-offer/the-local-offer.aspx

This is a work in progress. Kirklees Council and partners are working hard to create a Local Offer that includes links to all relevant information that Kirklees residents would find useful. If you have any suggestions for improvements or ideas about what might help you, contact  LocalOffer@kirklees.gov.uk

Where can I find the School Offer?

This utilises the LA Local Offer to meet the needs of SEND pupils, as determined by school policy.  Please find a copy of the School Offer below:

Showing 1-2 of 2