We are excited to announce that Warwick Road Primary School is currently working towards the Wellbeing Award for Schools, administered by Award Place, in partnership with the National Children’s Bureau.
There are eight objectives to achieve within the Wellbeing Award Framework, containing several Key Performance Indicators. The award focuses on ensuring effective practice and provision are in place that promotes the emotional wellbeing and mental health of both staff and pupils. The award will enable us to develop these practices where necessary and help us to ensure that wellbeing is imbedded in the long-term culture of the school. It will help us to create an ethos where mental health is regarded as the responsibility of all.
With this award, we will demonstrate our commitment to:
- Promoting mental health as part of every day school life
- Improving the emotional wellbeing of our staff and pupils
- Ensuring mental health problems are identified early and appropriate support provided
- Offering provision and interventions that matches the needs of our pupils and staff
- Promoting the importance of mental health awareness
- Capturing the views of parents, pupils and teachers on mental health issue