Week 6: 11-05-20 - 15-05-20
Good morning, this week we are going to be looking at Greek myths and writing our own story.
Monday and Tuesday
- What is a myth? A myth is a story created by early civilisations to make sense of things happening in the natural world around them.
- In Ancient Greek mythology they used stories about the Gods and magical beings from Greece to portray some of the natural events that happened around them.
- A myth will often feature a heroic battles, terrible creatures, and teaching the importance of bravery, intelligence, right and wrong.
- Use the power points attached to read through some of the myths and click on the link to watch some animated videos.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQuAUBX5xBw (Theseus and the Minotaur)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s2QPQnuaGk (Icarus and Daedalus)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWcJNvS0J80 (King Midas and his golden touch)
- YOUR TASK: Write your opening and build up to your story. To refresh what is needed in your sections use the attached powerpoint to help you. In there, I have also done an example and shared images that will hopefully get your creative juices going.
- I have set this as a 2do on purple mash; again, you may also use a word document and email it over to us. I have created two 2dos, your child will only need to select one to write their story on. Please only complete the task once!
- If you are at all struggling, give us a message and we can go through ideas together.
Wednesday and Thursday
- Add to your story by looking at the problem and the resolution. Use the Greek myth lesson powerpoint - this has been updated and also have added a shared write for you to magpie ideas,if you need. But reading some of yours, they are much better than mine!
- All work has been looked at, please complete your final touches; remember to use feedback from your teacher.