Wednesday 6th May
Learning Focus: Compare Fractions
Compare unit fractions or fractions with the same denominator. Discuss how dividing something into more equal parts makes each part smaller.
- What fraction of the strip is shaded? What fraction of the strip is not shaded?
- Why is it important that the strips are the same length and are lined up underneath each other?
- Can you think of a unit fraction that is smaller than 1/ 10 ?
- Can you think of a unit fraction that is larger than 1 /3?
1. Watch the White Rose Maths lesson under 'Summer Term - Week 1 (w/c 20th April) - Compare Fractions, using the link below:
2. Complete the White Rose Maths 'Compare Fractions' worksheets in your maths home learning pack.