Wednesday 29th April 2020
Day 8 - Wednesday 29th April 2020
Learning Focus- Ordering Money
1. Use your knowledge of £1 = 100 p to compare amounts.
2.Children will begin by ordering amounts represented in the same format e.g. 4,562 p and 4,652 p, or £45.62 and £46.52 and relate this to their place value knowledge.
3. Once children understand this, they look at totals that include mixed pounds and pence and also totals represented in decimal notation.
4. Using real notes and coins could really help understanding.
1. Use the link below to access the White Rose Maths step-by-step tutorial on 'Ordering Money '. Click on the video below to access the White Rose Maths tutorial. Remember to select the Summer term- Week 2 -Ordering money Video. Children can pause the video and attempt to answer some questions or work through the examples of the tutorial using their workbook.
Link: Click on the video above to take you to the tutorial.
2. Work through the 'Ordering Money' PowerPoint attached below. Have your workbook ready to work through the examples .
3. Complete the 'Ordering Money' worksheet which can be found in your home learning pack. Answers will be provided shortly via Parent Hub App.
4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the WRM extension. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.