Wednesday 24th June 2020
Day 18 - Wednesday 24th June 2020
Learning Focus- Comparing area
1) Children compare the area of rectilinear shapes where the same size square has been used.
2) Children will be able to use < and > with the value of the area to compare shapes.
3) They will also put shapes in order of size by comparing their areas.
1. There is no video available for today's lesson.
To find the area of a rectilinear shape, count the squares to give you the area.
T: 7 squares
E: 8 squares
T < E
2. Work through the Powerpoint attached below. The Powerpoint includes a toolbox which is simply the new learning for today. Children should play the sideshow from the beginning and complete any examples in their workbook. I have also attached slides at the end which may help children answering the questions in their packs.
3. Complete the worksheet which can be found in your home learning pack. Answers will be provided shortly via Parent Hub App. 4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the WRM extension. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.