Wednesday 22nd April
Day 3 - Wednesday 22nd April 2020
Learning Focus- Compare decimals
1. To compare two decimal numbers you must look at each place value digit in turn, starting with those on the left as they have the highest value.
2. Compare the digits in the same place value column to compare numbers and work out which is greater.
1. Use the link below to access the White Rose Maths step-by-step tutorial on 'Compare decimals'. Click on the video below to access the White Rose Maths tutorial. Remember to select the Summer term- Week 1 - Compare decimals Video. Children can pause the video and attempt to answer some questions or work through the examples of the tutorial using their workbook.
Link: Click on the video above to take you to the tutorial.
2. Work through the 'Compare decimals' PowerPoint attached below. Have your workbook ready to work through the examples.
3. Complete the 'Compare decimals ' worksheet which can be found in your home learning pack. Answers will be provided shortly via Parent Hub App.
4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the White Rose Maths extension attached below. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.