Wednesday 10th June 2020
Day 8 - Wednesday 10th June 2020
Learning Focus- Draw on a grid.
1) Coordinates are always written in brackets, with the two numbers separated by a comma.
2) Coordinates are ordered pairs of numbers; the first number number indicates the point on the x axis and the second the point on the y axis.
3) x axis is the horizontal line of the graph, y axis the vertical line on the graph.
1. Watch the video. Here is an introduction to drawing coordinates on a grid:
2. Work through the Powerpoint attached below. The Powerpoint includes a toolbox which is simply the new learning for today. Children should play the sideshow from the beginning and complete any examples in their workbook. I have also attached slides at the end which may help children answering the questions in their packs.
3. Complete the worksheet which can be found in your home learning pack. Answers will be provided shortly via Parent Hub App. 4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the WRM extension. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.