Tuesday 9th June 2020
Day 7 - Tuesday 9th June 2020
Learning Focus- Describe position
1) Coordinates are numbers which determine the position of a point or a shape in a particular space (a map or a graph).
2) Points are marked by how far along they are on the x axis (the horizontal axis) and how far up they are on the y axis (the vertical axis).
3) Children will be shown a grid like the following, with numbers along the x axis and the y axis:
Please note: Do not attempt question 1A on the second section of the worksheet due to a print error.
1. Watch the video. Here is an introduction to describing position:
2. Work through the Powerpoint attached below. The Powerpoint includes a toolbox which is simply the new learning for today. Children should play the sideshow from the beginning and complete any examples in their workbook. I have also attached slides at the end which may help children answering the questions in their packs.
3. Complete the worksheet which can be found in your home learning pack. Answers will be provided shortly via Parent Hub App. 4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the WRM extension. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.