- School Closure/Home Learning/
- Year 3/
- Group 2 Maths/
- Week 2/
- Tuesday 31st March/Wednesday 1st April/
Tuesday 31st March/Wednesday 1st April
Day 7 and Day 8
Learning Focus:Comparing lengths.
You will be able to recognise that 10 mm is equivalent to 1 cm. Use this knowledge to help you convert other multiples of 10 mm into centimetres and vice versa.
When looking at lengths that are not multiples of 10, remember to partition the measurement and convert into centimetres and millimetres.
- What items might we measure using millimetres rather than centimetres?
- If there are 10 mm in 1 cm, how many mm would there be in 2 cm?
- How many millimetres are in 12 cm?
- How many different ways can you partition 54 cm?