Tuesday 2nd June 2020
Day 2 - Tuesday 2nd June 2020
Learning Focus- Compare and order angles
1) Recap: There are 3 types of angles we will be focusing on today; acute, obtuse and right angles.
2) Recap: Acute angles are smaller than 90 degrees. Obtuse angles are larger than 90 degrees but smaller than 180 degrees (180 degrees is a straight line). A right angle triangle has 90 degrees which is sometimes represented by a a square.
3) Use the greater than and less than sign to compare the size of angles.
1. Watch the video. Recap the 3 types of angles we visited yesterday. This video goes into detail about acute, obtuse and right angles. It also talks you through angles on a straight line.
2. Work through the Powerpoint attached below. I do apologise but the powerpoint could not be uploaded in the usual format due to the file size. Therefore I have attached it below as a PDF. The Powerpoint includes a toolbox which is simply the new learning for today. Children should play the sideshow from the beginning and complete any examples in their workbook. I have also attached slides at the end which may help children answering the questions in their packs.
3. Complete the worksheet which can be found in your home learning pack. Answers will be provided shortly via Parent Hub App. 4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the WRM extension. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.