Tuesday 23rd June 2020
Day 17 - Tuesday 23rd June 2020
Learning Focus- Making shapes
1) Children make rectilinear shapes using a given number of squares.
2) It is important that children understand that the rectilinear shapes they make need to touch at the sides not just at the corners.
3) Rectilinear shapes: A shape with sides that all meet at right angles.
1. There is not a video available for this lesson. Please click on the shape to find out more information about rectilinear shapes.
2. Work through the Powerpoint attached below. The Powerpoint includes a toolbox which is simply the new learning for today. Children should play the sideshow from the beginning and complete any examples in their workbook. I have also attached slides at the end which may help children answering the questions in their packs.
3. Complete the worksheet which can be found in your home learning pack. Answers will be provided shortly via Parent Hub App. 4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the WRM extension. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.