Tuesday 12th May
Lesson Focus: Subtracting Fractions
- use practical equipment and pictorial representations to subtract fractions with the same denominator within one whole.
- we only subtract the numerators and the denominators stay the same.
- What fraction is shown first?
- Then what happens? Now what is left?
- Can we represent this in a number story?
1. Watch the White Rose Maths lesson under 'Summer Term - Week 2 (w/c 27th April) - Lesson 2- Subtract Fractions', using the link below:
2. Work through the PowerPoint attached to learn more on how to subtract fractions.
3. Complete the White Rose Maths 'Subtracting Fractions' worksheets in your maths home learning pack.