- School Closure/Home Learning/
- Year 3/
- Group 2 Maths/
- Week 2/
- Thursday 2nd April/Friday 3rd April/
Thursday 2nd April/Friday 3rd April
Day 9 and Day 10
Learning Focus: Adding lengths.
This lesson you will add lengths given in different units of measurement. Then convert measurements to the same unit of length to add more efficiently. Remember to look for the most efficient way to calculate and develop your mental addition strategies.
This step will help you prepare for adding lengths when you calculate the perimeter.
- How did you calculate the height of the tower?
- Estimate which route is the shortest from Tommy’s house to his friend’s house.
- Which route is the longest?
- Why does converting the measurements to the same unit of length make it easier to add them?