Thursday 14th May 2020
Day 18 - Thursday 14th May 2020
Learning Focus- Line graphs
1. Building from the last step, children continue to solve comparison, sum and difference problems using continuous data with a range of scales.
2. Use addition and subtraction to answer questions accurately and ask your own questions about the data in line graphs.
3. Remember: Discrete data is counted (Number of children in a class) Continuous data is measured (Height of children).
1. Click on the video below. There is not a WRM tutorial available for line graphs. Please take a look at this video which talks about reading line graphs.
Link: Click on the video above to take you to the tutorial.
2. Work through the 'Line graphs' PowerPoint attached below. Children can practise reading line graphs by working through the examples. Have your workbook ready to work through the examples. You may also have a look at the Bar Chart and Line Graph guidance from Monday's lesson to understand how to read and construct these graphs.
3. Complete the 'Line graphs' worksheet which can be found in your home learning pack. Answers will be provided shortly via Parent Hub App.
4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the WRM extension. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.