Thursday 11th June 2020
Day 9 - Thursday 11th June 2020
Learning Focus- Movement on a grid.
1) In geometry translation means moving a shape into a different position, without changing it in any way.
2) A translation moves a shape up, down or from side to side but it does not change its appearance in any other way.
3)Translation is an example of a transformation. A transformation is a way of changing the size or position of a shape.
4) Every point in the shape is translated the same distance in the same direction.
Please note: On the last section of the worksheet, Planet X is translated left 5 and down 3 (Print error). You can still attempt the question.
1. Watch the video. Here is an introduction to translation on a grid:
2. Work through the Powerpoint attached below. The Powerpoint includes a toolbox which is simply the new learning for today. Children should play the sideshow from the beginning and complete any examples in their workbook. I have also attached slides at the end which may help children answering the questions in their packs.
3. Complete the worksheet which can be found in your home learning pack. Answers will be provided shortly via Parent Hub App. 4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the WRM extension. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.