School Council Pledge
I am proud that I have been elected as a school councillor and I will take my role seriously and commit to the school. I will always uphold the school values and encourage others to do so. I will be a positive role model for the school and will wear my badge with pride.
Students must be able to:
1. Represent their year group at school council meetings with commitment and full attendance.
2. Report back to their class groups following year council and wider school council meetings.
3. Believe in the importance of representing their year group’s point of view even if they do not agree with it themselves.
4. Initiate discussion and debate with fellow student representatives and understand the importance of teamwork.
5. Understand that as a school council representative, they have the obligation to participate in making decisions about the school, along with staff and school governors.
6. Represent the students of Warwick Road Primary School at important public occasions.
7. Attend all school council meetings. If there is a justifiable reason, ensure that an adequate stand-in from their year group is present.
8. School council belongs to its representatives and is dependent on their initiative for its success.