NOTE: During this half term in Nursery, we will be covering Aspect 6: voice sounds, Aspect 7: oral blending and segmenting and we will begin to explore initial letter work.
Phase 1 phonics is split into 7 Aspects of learning, I have created a tab for each aspect.
The purpose of these different aspects is to develop students’ language abilities in the following ways:
- Learning to listen attentively
- Enlarging their vocabulary
- Speaking confidently to adults and other children
- Discriminating between different phonemes
- Reproducing audibly the phonemes they hear
- Using sound-talk to segment words into phonemes
In each tab, there are activities you can do with your child to help develop their skills in that area.