Monday 8th June 2020
Day 6 - Monday 8th June 2020
Learning Focus- Complete a symmetric figure
1) To complete a symmetric figure, a shape or pattern is reflected in a line of symmetry / a mirror line. The reflected shape will be exactly the same as the original, the same distance from the mirror line and the same size.
2) If we were going to reflect a shape in the mirror line, it would have to be exactly the same distance from the mirror line.
3) If a shape is not symmetrical, it is known as an asymmetrical shape.
Here is an example of completing a symmetric figure, the shape is reflected exactly the same into the mirror line/line of symmetry. If you folded the shape it would fold exactly in between the vertical line of symmetry.
1. Watch the video. Here is an introduction to completing a symmetric figure.
2. Work through the Powerpoint attached below. The Powerpoint includes a toolbox which is simply the new learning for today. Children should play the sideshow from the beginning and complete any examples in their workbook. I have also attached slides at the end which may help children answering the questions in their packs.
3. Complete the worksheet which can be found in your home learning pack. Answers will be provided shortly via Parent Hub App. 4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the WRM extension. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.