Monday 27th April 2020
Day 6 - Monday 27th April 2020
Learning Focus- Halves and quarters
1. To convert any fraction to a decimal, the denominator needs to be a power of ten.
2. A half equals 5/10. This is written as 0.5 as a decimal.
3. A quarter equals 25/100. This is written as 0.25 as a decimal.
4. Three quarters equals 75/100. This is written as 0.75 as a decimal.
1. Use the link below to access the White Rose Maths step-by-step tutorial on 'Halves and quarters'. Click on the video below to access the White Rose Maths tutorial. Remember to select the Summer term- Week 2 - Halves and quarters Video. Children can pause the video and attempt to answer some questions or work through the examples of the tutorial using their workbook.
Link: Click on the video above to take you to the tutorial.
2. Work through the 'Halves and quarters' PowerPoint attached below. Have your workbook ready to work through the examples.
3. Complete the 'Halves and quarters' worksheet which can be found in your home learning pack. Answers will be provided shortly via Parent Hub App.
4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the WRM extension. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.