Monday 22nd June 2020
Day 16 - Monday 22nd June 2020
Learning Focus- Counting squares
1) Area is the term used to define the amount of space taken up by a 2D shape or surface.
2) We measure area in square units : cm² or m².
3) To find an area of a shape we can count the squares in the shape to work out the area.
1. Watch the video.
Watch this video again to refresh your memory on finding the area by counting squares.
2. Work through the Powerpoint attached below. The Powerpoint includes a toolbox which is simply the new learning for today. Children should play the sideshow from the beginning and complete any examples in their workbook. I have also attached slides at the end which may help children answering the questions in their packs.
3. Complete the worksheet which can be found in your home learning pack. Answers will be provided shortly via Parent Hub App. 4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the WRM extension. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.