Monday 15th June 2020
Day 11 - Monday 15th June 2020
Learning Focus- Kilometres
1) Today we are going to be converting between metres and kilometres. If you stretch your arms out wide by your side that’s roughly 1 metre. Now if we had 1000 children stood in a line with their arms out wide by their side that would be equal to 1 kilometre.
2) Remember, there are 1000 metres in 1 Kilometre. For example, 2000 metres convert to 2 Kilometres, (2000 divided by a 1000). 4 Kilometres are equal to 4000 metres, (4 multiplied by a 1000).
1. Watch the video. Here is an introduction to converting between metres and kilometres:
2. Work through the Powerpoint attached below. The Powerpoint includes a toolbox which is simply the new learning for today. Children should play the sideshow from the beginning and complete any examples in their workbook. I have also attached slides at the end which may help children answering the questions in their packs.
3. Complete the worksheet which can be found in your home learning pack. Answers will be provided shortly via Parent Hub App. 4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the WRM extension. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.