Monday 11th May
Learning Focus: Adding Fractions
- Use practical equipment and pictorial representations to add two or more fractions with the same denominator where the total is less than 1
- We only add the numerators and the denominators stay the same.
- How many parts is the whole divided into?
- How many parts am I adding?
- What do you notice about the numerators?
- What do you notice about the denominators?
1. Watch the White Rose Maths lesson under 'Summer Term - Week 2 (w/c 27th April) - Lesson 1 - Add Fractions', using the link below:
2. Work through the PowerPoint attached to learn more on how to add fractions.
3. Complete the White Rose Maths 'Add Fractions' worksheets in your maths home learning pack.