Friday 5th June 2020
Day 5 - Friday 5th June 2020
Learning Focus- Lines of symmetry
1) Something is symmetrical when it is the same on both sides. A shape has symmetry if a central dividing line (a mirror line) can be drawn on it, to show that both sides of the shape are exactly the same.
2) A shape can have more than one line of symmetry. The shape may be drawn in a diff rent orientation but this does not change the shape or its lines of symmetry.
1. Watch the video. Here is an introduction to identifying line of symmetry.
2. Work through the Powerpoint attached below. The Powerpoint includes a toolbox which is simply the new learning for today. Children should play the sideshow from the beginning and complete any examples in their workbook. I have also attached slides at the end which may help children answering the questions in their packs.
3. Complete the worksheet which can be found in your home learning pack. Answers will be provided shortly via Parent Hub App. 4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the WRM extension. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.