Friday 24th April
Day 5 - Friday 24th April 2020
Learning Focus- Round decimals
1. To round decimals to the nearest whole number, identify the two integers the number is between. For instance, 5.6 is between 5 and 6.
2. Then, decide which integer the decimal number is closest to - a number line is useful to visualise this.
3. With 5.6, it is closer to 6 so rounds to 6. If a number has five tenths - for instance, 11.5 - the numbers rounds up to the next integer: 11.5 rounds to 12.
1. Use the link below to access the White Rose Maths step-by-step tutorial on 'Round decimals'. Click on the video below to access the White Rose Maths tutorial. Remember to select the Summer term- Week 2 - Round decimals Video. Please note the tutorial has been moved to Summer week 2 by WRM. Children can pause the video and attempt to answer some questions or work through the examples of the tutorial using their workbook.
Link: Click on the video above to take you to the tutorial.
2. Work through the 'Round decimals' PowerPoint attached below. Have your workbook ready to work through the examples.
3. Complete the 'Round decimals ' worksheet which can be found in your home learning pack. Answers will be provided shortly via Parent Hub App.
4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the Testbase extension. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.