Friday 19th June 2020
Day 15 - Friday 19th June 2020
Learning Focus- What is area?
1) Area is the amount space is taken up by a 2D shape or surface.
2) We measure area in square units : cm² or m².
1. Watch the video. Here is an introduction to finding the area of a shape. Click on the picture to take you to the video. If the link does not work select the Summer Term - Week 4 (w/c 11th May) on the Whiter Rose Maths Home Learning page:
2. Work through the Powerpoint attached below. The Powerpoint includes a toolbox which is simply the new learning for today. Children should play the sideshow from the beginning and complete any examples in their workbook. I have also attached slides at the end which may help children answering the questions in their packs.
3. Complete the worksheet which can be found in your home learning pack. Answers will be provided shortly via Parent Hub App. 4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the WRM extension. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.