- School Closure/Home Learning/
- Year 4/
- Week 13 (Current Week)/
- Friday 17th July 2020/
Friday 17th July 2020
Day 15 - Friday 17th July 2020
Learning Focus- Factor pairs
1) Children learn that a factor is a whole number that multiplies by another number to make a product e.g. 3 × 5 = 15, factor × factor = product.
2) They develop their understanding of factor pairs using concrete resources to work systematically, e.g. factor pairs for 12 – begin with 1 × 12, 2 × 6, 3 × 4. At this stage, children recognise that they have already used 4 in the previous calculation therefore all factor pairs have been identified.
1. Watch the video.
Watch this video below which goes through factor pairs.
2. Work through the Powerpoint attached below. The Powerpoint includes a toolbox which is simply the new learning for today. Children should play the sideshow from the beginning and complete any examples in their workbook. The powerpoint is attached as a PDF due to the file size.
3. Complete the worksheet which can be found in your home learning pack. Answers will be provided shortly via Parent Hub App. 4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the WRM extension. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.