Aims & Ethos
At Warwick Road School we are a caring family that values and encourages every child to achieve their full potential.
We instil confidence in all of our children and ensure they have the skills and qualities to overcome obstacles and ‘Exceed Expectations’, hence our motto of:
'Per aspera ad astra’ ‘Through overcoming difficulties, to the stars'
We aim to work collaboratively with all stakeholders to provide high quality education that enables our children not only to acquire the key skills for success, but also to develop the social, cultural, moral and spiritual aspects of their lives too. We aim to create learning opportunities that will equip our children to become citizens of the wider community, and become part of a culture that affirms the 'Can Do' principle.
We aim to increase our children’s opportunities and life chances by building on our strong foundations to inspire lifelong learning in an ever-challenging world.
We aim to provide an inclusive education system that exceeds expectations:
- Where the progress and attainment of our children exceeds national expectations.
- Where opportunities are created to fill our children with awe and wonder.
- Where children are provided with a personalised, rich, broad and balanced curriculum that offers contextualised experiences to apply the skills taught across all areas.
- Where stakeholders are committed to making a difference to the lives of the children in their care.
- Where behaviour for learning is embedded, and through self-determination our children rise to the challenge of learning.
- Where children feel happy, safe and secure and want to come to school.
- Where a growth mindset underpins all that we do.
- Where children have a positive attitude to learning and are encouraged to learn from their mistakes.
- Where the uniqueness and achievement of every member of our school family is recognised and celebrated.
- Where professionals collaborate to promote an effective transition between primary and secondary settings.
- Where children use their understanding of metacognitive skills to overcome challenges and become independent learners.
- Where children solve problems creatively, think analytically, communicate effectively and collaborate with others.
- Where children are nurtured to enable them to grow into caring, democratic, responsible and tolerant adults who can make a positive difference to their community and British society.
- Where the values of tolerance and respect permeate all areas of school life.
- Where children are excited to be part of the Warwick Road family and wear their uniform with pride.
- Where leaders of the future are created!
Our mission is to ensure that staff, governors, parents and pupils are part of and ‘Exceed Expectations’ by demonstrating:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Consideration for others
- Responsible attitudes
- Aspirational qualities
- Motivational attributes
- Courtesy and Respect
Our mission statement is not simply a mantra that is repeated by children and staff or something that is just displayed around our school. The children, staff, parents and governors work hard to ensure our school family is able to exceed expectations.