- School Closure/Home Learning/
- Year 3/
- Group 1 Maths/
- Summer 1/
Lesson Focus: Subtracting Fractions
- use practical equipment and pictorial representations to subtract fractions with the same denominator within one whole.
- we only subtract the numerators and the denominators stay the same.
- What fraction is shown first?
- Then what happens? Now what is left?
- Can we represent this in a number story?
- Can you partition 9 11 in a different way
1. Watch the White Rose Maths lesson under 'SummerTerm1- Lesson 7 - Subtracting Fractions ', below:
2. Work through the PowerPoint questions for extra practice.
3. Complete the White Rose Maths 'Subtracting Fractions' worksheets in your maths home learning pack.
4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the White Rose Maths extension which can be found on the last page in the PowerPoint. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.