- School Closure/Home Learning/
- Year 3/
- Group 1 Maths/
- Summer 1/
Lesson Focus: Adding Fractions
- use practical equipment and pictorial representations to add two or more fractions with the same denominator where the total is less than 1
- we only add the numerators and the denominators stay the same.
- How many parts is the whole divided into?
- How many parts am I adding?
- What do you notice about the numerators?
- What do you notice about the denominators?
1. Watch the White Rose Maths lesson under 'SummerTerm1- Lesson 5 - Adding Fractions ', below:
2. Work through the PowerPoint questions for extra practice.
3. Complete the White Rose Maths 'Adding Fractions' worksheets in your maths home learning pack.
4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the White Rose Maths extension which can be found on the last page in the PowerPoint. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.