Lesson Focus: Equivalent Fractions (3)
- look for the links between equivalent fractions to find missing numerators and denominators.
- look for patterns between the numerators and denominators to support your understanding of why fractions are equivalent e.g. fractions equivalent to a half have a numerator that is half the denominator.
- Why do our times tables help us find equivalent fractions?
- Can we see a pattern between the fractions?
- Look at the relationship between the numerator and denominator, what do you notice? Does an equivalent fraction have the same relationship?
- If we add the same number to the numerator and denominator, do we find an equivalent fraction? Why?
1. Watch the White Rose Maths lesson under 'SummerTerm1- Lesson 3 - Equivalent Fractions(3) ', below:
2.. Complete the White Rose Maths 'Equivalent Fractions (3)' worksheets in your maths home learning pack.