Lesson Focus: Equivalent Fractions (2)
- equivalent means same.
- focus on how the number line can be divided into different amounts of equal parts and how this helps to find equivalent fractions e.g. a number line divided into twelfths can also represent halves, thirds, quarters and sixths.
- Look at the number line divided into twelfths. Which unit fractions can you place on the number line as equivalent fractions? e.g. 1 /2 , 1 /3 , 1/ 4 , 1 /5 etc. Which unit fractions are not equivalent to twelfths?
1. Watch the White Rose Maths lesson under 'SummerTerm1- Lesson 1 - Equivalent Fractions(2) ', below:
2. Work through the PowerPoint questions for extra practice.
3. Complete the White Rose Maths 'Equivalent Fractions (2)' worksheets in your maths home learning pack.
4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the White Rose Maths extension which can be found on the last page in the PowerPoint. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.