- School Closure/Home Learning/
- Year 3/
- Group 1 Maths/
- Summer 1/
Lesson Focus: Finding the Duration
- to find the durations of events using both analogue and digital clocks. T
- to use a number lines to help you
- to explore the most efficient ways of breaking the time down in order to work out the duration. For example: half hours, quarter of an hour and five minutes.
- How many hours/minutes is a full turn of the minute hand around the clock?
- Do we need to count each individual minute?
- How else could you break down the duration to make it easier to count?
1.. Work through the PowerPoint questions for extra practice.
3. Complete the White Rose Maths 'Finding the Duration' worksheets in your maths home learning pack.
4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the White Rose Maths extension which can be found on the last page in the PowerPoint. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.