- School Closure/Home Learning/
- Year 3/
- Group 1 Maths/
- Summer 1/
Lesson Focus: Telling the time to the nearest minute
- to use the terms ‘past’ and ‘to’.
- when telling time ‘to’ the next hour, you may need to count on to find how many minutes are left in the hour.
- Which hand is the minute hand?
- Which hand is the hour hand?
- How many minutes is it past the hour?
- How many minutes is it to the next hour?
- When are the minutes to an hour and the minutes past an hour the same?
2. Work through the PowerPoint questions for extra practice.
3. Complete the White Rose Maths 'Telling the time to the nearest minute' worksheets in your maths home learning pack.
4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the White Rose Maths extension which can be found on the last page in the PowerPoint. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.