- School Closure/Home Learning/
- Year 3/
- Group 1 Maths/
- Summer 1/
Lesson Focus: Telling the time to 5 minutes
- Which of the hands is the minute hand and which is the hour hand?
- Is the minute hand past or to the hour?
- How many minutes past/to the hour is the minute hand?
- If the minute hand is pointing at the 6, how many minutes have passed in this hour?
- What do you notice about the clocks?
- Which Roman numeral represents the number ____?
- Do we ever say “45 minutes to” the hour?
2. Work through the PowerPoint questions for extra practice.
3. Complete the White Rose Maths 'Hours in a Day' worksheets in your maths home learning pack.
4. Challenge: As a bonus challenge, children can complete the White Rose Maths extension which can be found on the last page in the PowerPoint. The challenge is not in your home learning pack and should be completed in your workbook.