Deputy Headteacer Vacany
Required for September 2018
Salary range for Deputy Headteacher L9 - L13
The Governing Body at Warwick Road Primary School are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated, forward thinking individual who puts children at the heart of learning. We are a school that ‘exceeds expectations’ and accept nothing but the very best for our children. We are a highly successful school and our outcomes mirror this both at KS1 and KS2.
Currently, we are seeking to develop our Creative Curriculum so it too reflects the quality which is evident in our core subjects. Our new DHT will need to lead on the development of a new Creative Curriculum.
We are looking for a DHT who:
· Can motivate, challenge and inspire staff and pupils to achieve their full potential
· Can demonstrate good leadership, management, organisation and communication skills
· Has the passion to drive the school vision
· Can enhance our current assessment systems
· Can provide excellent teaching opportunities for children and enjoy weekly teaching commitments
· Can assist the headteacher in the effective running of the school
· Will take a lead in curriculum development and support subject leaders
· Is able to work well under pressure, use their own initiative and have a clear understanding of the impact of initiatives on teaching and learning
· Will thrive on new challenges, yet maintain a good work/life balance.
We can offer:
· A very effective leadership team
· Supportive staff, governors and parents
· Aspirational, confident and motivated children who demonstrate excellent behaviour for learning.
· A broad range of CPD opportunities for development.
Warwick Road Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. References will be taken up prior to interview and the post is subject to a successful Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
An application pack can be downloaded from the school website www.warwickroad.kirklees.sch.uk or www.kirklees.gov.uk. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit please telephone Karen Darby on 01924 455593.
Completed application forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving applications: to be confirmed
Shortlisted candidates will be notified on: to be confirmed
Interviews to be held on: to be confirmed