Toddler Group: Stay n Play
Our parent and toddler group is an essential part of our local school community. It is a good focal point to meet other parents and Early Years Professionals, and for your child to make new friends too. We offer the opportunity for babies and young children aged up to three years, to have fun and mix with other children and adults in a safe environment; where a familiar adult can share and extend their early learning experiences. Mrs. Glover is the link between toddler group and our school nursery. The children become familiar with Mrs. Glover before they enter nursery. She is then a friendly face to welcome them, when they start our school nursery. Children who attend toddler group in general, will settle well into the school nursery environment. They also generally enter nursery at a higher level of attainment and quickly adapt to the routines.
We plan activities that stimulate children’s learning and also offer outdoor play provision. Our activities are designed to support a young child’s developing skills such as communication and motor skills, e.g. sand and water activities, mark-making, craft, painting, board books and action songs.
It also provides parents with the opportunity to seek advice and find out how to contact relevant advisors, such as a health visitor, speech and language therapist or dental nurse, to provide additional support and guidance to young families.
Here are some of the wonderful comments that parents have made about coming to our toddler group.
- “Interacting with other children, surely helps her in preparing for nursery.”
- “He enjoys playing with all the toys, playing in the colourful environment and meeting new children and making friends.”
- “I enjoy meeting other Mums.”
- “The children become familiar with the environment. They learn how to be around other children and adults.”
- “After coming to the toddler group, he is showing interest in messy play.”
- “I really enjoy it, as it gives me the chance to interact with other parents.”
Tuesday afternoons 1:30 – 3:15