Aims & Ethos
At Warwick Road School, our vision is to become an outstanding school with our mission to exceed expectations; hence our motto of: 'Per aspera ad astra' 'Through overcoming difficulties, to the stars'
We aim to work collaboratively with the school community to provide high quality education that enables our children not only to acquire the key skills fur success, but also to develop the social, cultural, moral and spiritual aspects of their lives too. We aim to create learning opportunities that will equip our children with the skills and qualities to become citizens of the wider community with a culture that affirms the principle 'Can Do'.
Our core principles are to build upon the term 'Exceeding Expectations' which is at the heart of the school’s aspirations.
We aim to provide an education system that exceeds expectations:
- Where the achievement and attainment of our children is higher than that of children nationally.
- Where the learning opportunities offered to our children fill them with awe and wonder.
- Where children are provided with a rich, broad and balanced curriculum that has been carefully personalised to make it distinctive to Warwick Road.
- Where the staff are committed to making a difference to the lives of the children in their care.
- Where no child is left behind!
- Where children behave well and have respect and tolerance for others.
- Where children feel happy, safe and secure and want to come to school.
- Where children are provided with learning environments that constantly keep them engaged and inspired.
- Where the 'can do ' culture inspires the school community to achieve its potential.
- Where parents and the community mirror the expectations of the school.
Our mission is to ensure that staff, governors, parents and pupils are part of and ‘Exceed Expectations’ by having the following qualities:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Consideration for others
- Ability to achieve their full potential
- Courtesy and Respect